Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The plotholes fill!

Currently Scripting: Chapter 5 Scene 2
Status: Going Nuts

Well, I am home for the summer which means lots of time to work on Akari, ideally. IDEALLY. If I get off my lazy bum and do some work. But it's hard to be motivated sometimes when I'm feling down. AT home, I don't really have anyone to talk to, and I never have any exciting plans to go anywhere. Most of my high school firends (and there weren't many of them) don't talk to me anymore, which is the natural part of going to college, so it's not like I'm that upset about it. But is does make it kind of lonely and boring, just sitting in my house all the time and surfing the internet...well, I've been doing more sleeping than anything elsse really.

I don't even have a summer job though. So I feel totally worthless about that.

But I have had a rough year at school, so damnit, I devesre to sleep a little bit, right? Right?

I have been working on the script though! I got some good work done yesterday while I was watching Law & Order, which is always a good show. And usually inspires me to write or draw, for some reason. I was just kind of going along like always, when suddenly, everything fell in to place. See, I had this gaping plothole between chapter 5 and the happenings that lead to the ending, and I had no idea how to fill it. Then, with just two lines of dialouge and a deflected bullet, it all made sense and then BAM! plothoel filled. I love these moments. Hopefully from here on out, the script will go alot smoother and then I can get it done and go to the storyboards. But I still need a bunch more in my production sketches. Most of them are really rough, so I feel I should do some more refined ones so I can have clear pictures of everyone and everything. Also, I haven't been doing as many background sketches as I should. I just really hate backgrounds! It's bad of me, and I know I have to do it, but I just don't want to! I'll get down to it eventually. I want to try and do backgrounds in as many panels as possible, so it looks refined and professional. It'd be pretty boring if it was all just white space in the background. However, I also have trouble drawing buildings and tables and other background objects...ARGH it never ends.

And stairs. I always want to put stairs in the background, but I can't draw them! I do this to myself, I swear. Urgh...

No comments:

Post a Comment