Thursday, May 20, 2010

We're rolling with the Script again!

Currently Scripting: Chapter 5, Scene I
Storyboards: Chapter 1, Scene 2
Status: Unaccomplished, though I should be

Good news! Chapter 4 is finished with a bang! It's shorter than chapter 3, granted. A LOT shorter. Chapter 3 is going to need some help, that's for sure. But today wasa big step. I feel that the plot is about to take another huge step forward, and my characters are developing nicely.

EXCEPT YUKINA. I was making some character notes for my thesis director, and I realized that Yukina has so far done nothing extremely influential. It's not that she's useless...she just doesn't seem to have a big impact. She has a big part at the end and nearly dies but...oops, I'm giving away the plot now...

Also, another character may be entirely superfluous. And I like him...he's awesome, but he's not a main character and just adds a lot more complication to the plot rather than driving home any important plot points of moving the story along, besides for being the gang's doctor and fixing their parts when they break. Is it odd to call a cybernetics technician a doctor? Hmmm....

Still really cold here. Hope that it's warming up soon. Maybe I'll be able to kick it into high gear and finish this script. But then I have to change around a few scenes in order to get things to run a little smoother. I might even split chapter 3 in two part or something...but 8 chapters doesn't sound as nice as 7. Ah....I'll figure it out.
~6H

No comments:

Post a Comment